Passion

Oh hai, hello~ how's your week? Mine good, so far, uhm not good at all, i got an unstable emotion phase or you could call it as PMS (pra-menstruation syndrome). Well, it screwed me to the bones, i mean, it really annoyed, it was like you want to mad to everybody even they did nothing, hahaha, and the worst was...........you became overthinking and worry over anything, damn! it was like you were really vulnerable. So for you guys, who will never ever have menstruation, you  have to thankful for it.

I will not talk about PMS or whatever about it, well, there were some thoughts that came up in my mind these few days. So now i ask you and also myself, what is your passion? 

I've already seen and heard a lot of people with their own passion. For me as a geoscientist, i'm still struggling with my passion. Some of my seniors have already gotten their passions, and even got some achievements from their passions. Yesterday i had a little chat with my senior, when i came he was holding a big book and when i asked him what is that book and he answered the book was about stratigraphy of petroleum, and he also told me that he really interested as become a petrophysicist. Then i met the other senior who interested in geothermal, until she sacrificed an organization that she joined so she can focus on geothermal study. And my senior who already had a lot of experience as a seismologist then the other senior who loves micro-seismic and got achievement for his paper at Japan, like what i've told in my post before. There's also my friend who is sooo in love with vulcanology, till' he told me "oh i will make an organization about vulcanology, i'm sick of those organizations whom just about petroleum, not all geoscientists want to work finding oil out there!".

I do love when i saw person with his/her passion, how they told me about what he likes, it feels like i can see a fire burning on their eyes as they tell me about their passion, like you see a 5 years-old kid when he found something in the backyard, "hey hey you have to hear this, i found a big butterfly in the backyard!!! Oh and you know?! It has a blue color!!! It's so beautiful! Oh i love butterfly! I want to know more about it!! I bet it sounds fun!".

Well, honestly, i want to feel that kind of feeling, that feeling when you found something which interested for you and you would do anything to get know more about it. That feeling when you're soooo curious about something. That feeling when you're so sure with something and have a confidence on it so you could build a path to go through it. I really want to feel that kind of feeling.........

Now i'm in the third semester, and i still don't know what is my passion as a geoscientist, but i think i was too hurry and too worry, i mean maybe i will not figure what is my passion now, maybe it needs time and patience, maybe i'll figure it out next week, or next month or next year, and my prayer is i hope i'm not late for figuring out my passion. I have to study more, read more, know more, and pray more.

"God please help me to figure out my passion. A passion that could be sooo useful not just for me but anyone else, and please i hope it's not late because i believe Your time will never be late, and You'll make everything beautiful at Your time, amen."

Comments

Popular Posts